Country Heat by Beachbody: My Personal Review
It was spring and I found myself again in that same place that I find myself every spring. Where’s that? The dressing room at the store trying on all the new bathing suits that the stores push earlier and earlier every year.
Is this a joyous experience? Nope. It’s always the same thing. That new bathing suit is going to show, once again, that I sure could stand to lose a few pounds….or maybe a few more than a few!
This is kind of like my own personal time to have New Years Resolutions…yeah, I know…a few months late. But really….this year I’m going to get the weight down so next year the experience will be a happy one. Right?
This happens every year. And every year, I don’t find that holy grail of weight loss. We’ve all tried them. Those pills, those gym memberships, those special diets where you can’t eat much? Ugh.
You try these things and you may see some results for a while, but for me personally, they just weren’t effective over the long haul.
This year, I just didn’t want that to happen again, so I spent some time thinking about why those things didn’t work. I had some insights about what I needed.
I needed something that wasn’t boring. Something that didn’t suck the will to live out of me. It couldn’t cost an arm and a leg or get me hooked into a continual package plan. It couldn’t take half my afternoon or evening 5-6 days a week like going to the gym or fitness classes. And for heavens sake, I needed to be able to eat enough to keep my energy levels up!
Where was I going to find this? What do you do when you want to know something? Well, right. I went to that good ol’ (new?) resource, the internet, and I started shopping around.
There was a lot of stuff out there, but one thing really jumped out at me. I ended up at Beachbody.com and found this cool exercise program that didn’t even look like exercise.
It’s called Country Heat and it’s essentially a collection of dance videos that are set to country music. I love country music and I love to dance, so I had to give it a shot. The price was right and I figured I didn’t have much to lose…except my excess weight, of course!
So what is Country Heat by Beachbody all about?
The Country Heat workout program consists of short 30-minute dance routines set to great country music. They use the top hits from the biggest and best country artists today to create an exciting and motivating groove to get your body moving.
You don’t even know you are exercising. It just feels like dancing!
But don’t be fooled. The creator of the moves is Autumn Calabrese, fitness trainer to the stars! She not only shows you what’s good for you, but she has turned it into a fun and exhilarating experience that will keep you motivated for the long haul!
Don’t worry. She shows you how to tailor the moves to suit your personal fitness level. You can tone it down for starters or when you are just feeling kind of slow but still want to move. Or you can really pump it up and get the most bang for your exercise buck!
And the whole thing is low-impact, so you don’t have to worry about messing up your knees and back.
OK, now for the pros and cons of Country Heat.
- Country Heat is affordable. It’s 3 payments of $19.95 plus a one-time cost of $12.95 for shipping and handling.
- It’s easy to get started. There’s a quick-start guide in the package and everything is pretty self-explanatory.
- It doesn’t take much time. 30 minutes for a workout and you don’t even have to go anywhere or have special equipment. You can do it right in the privacy of your own home in front of your TV.
- You can be as crazy as you want and nobody will see you!
- You can tailor it to your own personal fitness level and the program can grow with you (or shrink with you, as the case may be!)
- It comes with all kinds of goodies to help you stick with the program.
- You will have lots of fun, I promise. And the next time you go out dancing, you will have some new moves to show off!
There really aren’t too many, but here are a few:
- If you want to be successful, you have to stick with it. Let’s face it, there’s no magic bullet to weight loss. You have to get up and move your body. This really isn’t a “con”, but I know some people still think there are shortcuts out there so I figured I would mention it.
- Going along with the last point, you can’t just do the dancing and expect to lose weight. You will most likely have to make some dietary changes as well if you really want to see results.
- You might find yourself movin’ and groovin’ in the grocery store when you hear one of your dance songs (okay, I just added this one for fun!)
Here’s the deal:
The Country Heat program is just 3 payments of $19.95 each and then $12.95 one time for shipping and handling.
The package comes with a bunch of goodies in there too. Besides the five 30-minute dance workouts, there is also a full-body conditioning dance workout that covers everything! There’s a quick-start guide to put you on the right path, right out of the box. There’s a 30 day calendar too. Stick this on the fridge to keep you on task.
But the really cool part is it comes with a Nutrition Guide and a 7-piece set of portion control containers and a special shaker for making shakes and smoothies. It also has a bonus video of a line dancing workout.
Does Beachbody’s Country Heat really work?
Yes. If you start moving your body and paying attention to what goes in, you will get results. It’s just a fact. But the really important thing about Country Heat is that you will WANT to move your body and keeping movin’ it. It’s just fun!
Now, you are not just doing exercise for the sake of exercise. You are actually having fun and doing something great for your brain AND your body.
I really like Country Heat and it has made a big difference in how I think about exercise. I think you will like it too. Go to BeachBody.com to see the difference for yourself.