Alright, let’s talk about getting fit, losing some weight, and yes, even working out.
That’s what I had been trying to do for about a year before I decided to purchase the CIZE DVDs.
An entire year!
I had honestly tried several regular exercise programs like Couch25k and even StrongLifts5x5. From cardio to weights to special diets, I was seriously almost over it. Frustration was getting the better of me. Even as I browsed forum after forum and blog article after blog article, I felt like I was drowning in someone else’s variation of getting fit, but without results.
Does it really have to be that hard?!
And there was so much on the Internet to read, yet at the same time, just about all of it felt like the same tired routines that got me nowhere.
“What am I doing wrong?” I thought.
So I’ll admit it right off: when I saw CIZE’s promise to be “the end of exercise,” I was skeptical. I’m sure you can relate to that.
Dancing to get fit? It didn’t seem like it could work all that well.
But while everyone seems to have some weird pitch or silly gimmick, when I watched Shaun T (CIZE’s instructor) on YouTube, I thought about how he seemed like a real guy, fit and lean, but he was having fun.
And initially, what he was saying made sense. Instead of touting some super ultimate amazing exercise program secret that would be magic, he was saying something far different: forget exercise, you’re already doing what you need to do in your regular life.
Needless to say, I was intrigued enough to try it out. Well, after a few months, I have to share my review.
Here it goes…
What I Liked Best About CIZE
After about a year of going nowhere, I really dreaded working out. I mean dreaded like you wouldn’t believe. I thought nothing could fix this.
So when the CIZE DVDs came, before I even unwrapped them, I wondered if this was going to be the same. Still, when I looked at them and saw Shaun T, I was reminded of the video I watched on YouTube.
It might sound really simple, but in my mind, this is the first part that worked really well. I hadn’t even gotten started yet, but Shaun T had surprisingly already pumped me up a little bit, caught my attention, and given me that little kick of motivation I really needed when most everything else I had tried had failed.
This was big for me.
I couldn’t start another program that I felt obligated to do, I wanted something that made me actually get up and care.
The next day I got around to opening up the DVDs and popping them in. It honestly was like no other program I had ever experienced.
And this is the second big thing that worked for me. Instead of making me feel awkward (like I half expected) or making me second guess what I was doing, CIZE took a totally different approach.
I’m not much of a dancer, so I wasn’t really sure what to expect. How could someone teach me of all people to dance?
Instead of jacked up or overly-enthusiastic instructors trying to convince me to do some outrageous moves, Shaun T keeps things simple and helps you to see the truth about being fit: you’re probably already doing so much of this in your life, natural things, but you’ve never thought about putting them all together into a sequence.
But once you do put them together, you start to see that you do in fact have a natural rhythm to your movements, and best of all, you start realizing that that rhythm can be brought out to get you sweating very quickly.
By the end of the first session, I felt invigorated, fit, and like I was enjoying myself. I felt like I had really worked my whole body!
There were no weird guys looking at me like at the gym or at the club. I was just dancing, having fun… and getting the workout of my life at the same time.
Here’s a few more things that I enjoy about CIZE:
- Modern music with a beat that is chosen to make you feel like moving.
- I can do all of it right from my home. Afterward, I towel off and take a shower in the comfort of my house.
- 4 weeks. That’s all it took for me to drop a good deal of weight without ever feeling like I was even working at it.
- While it’s fun, there’s no silly sugarcoating. Shaun T is upfront that it’s going to be challenging. But he keeps it moving along, so that you hardly even notice.
A Few Pros and Cons
I want to make sure I give a good balanced review of this program. You read a lot of other reviews, and they’re either rant and rave or complain and complain.
Let’s cut through that a bit. Here’s what I found:
- 30 day money-back guarantee. I feel like any company that is confident in their product will give you a guarantee like this.
- It was affordable. Many other programs I read on the Internet mention costly machines or devices. Who buys that stuff? CIZE was 3 payments a month of $19.95 and the shipping and handling. That’s it.
- Well choreographed dance routines. You honestly feel like you’re in a music video, which is really awesome.
- 6 courses that progress you through. This is a huge plus in my book. Step-by-step, you get each move, which means you never feel like you’re doing something you aren’t sure of. It starts out with “Crazy 8s” and Timbaland and moves on to Full out and Destiny’s Child, until finally, you’re on the 6th course, dancing all out to Sia’s Chandelier.
- A lot of awesome additional materials like a getting started guide that’s informative, a meal plan with easy recipes, and a calendar to keep up with your progress.
- 24/7 support online.
- Ordering from the website was quick and hassle-free.
- Shaun is clearly comfortable teaching people how to dance and get fit at the same time. He has a great personality and a long history in the dance community.
- This goes without saying, and it’s not really a con (although some people may view it as one), but you do have to put in the work if you want to see results. And you have to work harder than you may be used to. This is not some magic program that you can put minimal effort into and expect to obtain the physique you want.
- Diet is a huge part of losing weight and getting in shape, and this is the hardest part for most people. You have to be prepared to make certain sacrifices with your food intake. Not that you can’t still enjoy your favorite foods (you certainly can), but you will have to be more conscious of what you’re eating and keep the junk food to a minimum.
And what you all probably want to know most: My Results!
I can’t finish this review without mentioning my results.
I’m happy to say that I dropped 15lbs in about a month, feeling like I could dance for hours.
The weight loss is only a small part of it though.
Another positive aspect is motivation! I’m very motivated to dance every day and continue with the program. No other exercise program I have done in the past actually made me look forward to working out like CIZE does. There really is no other core or cardio workout like CIZE.
After so many other programs, I almost can’t believe how far I’ve come in such a short amount of time. And without any crazy supplements or wacky tips, just straightforward dance moves and the easy to follow meal plan they included.
Lastly, I finally feel like I can go to a party or club and dance without looking like a fool! I know this is meant to be a workout program, and it is, but as a side effect you learn a lot of dance moves as well. Now you don’t have to be one of the only people at the party who doesn’t know how to dance.
So if you can’t tell by now. I really love this program and I’d highly recommend it to anyone.
Best Place to Buy CIZE?
The only place I know where you can get the whole program is directly from Beachbody’s official website.
By buying through their site you get the best deal. Along with the dance workouts they will throw in a getting started guide, a meal plan, some workout calendars so you can plan your workouts, a bonus ab workout, 24/7 support, and the money back guarantee all for one low price.
You can even choose to do 3 monthly installments of $19.95 instead of paying for the whole thing up front if you prefer.
So what are you waiting for?! Head to Beachbody’s site and order your copy of CIZE. You won’t be disappointed, trust me.
If you haven’t seen the commercial and want to learn more about CIZE, here it is below: